Welcome to the Singlution!

No more desperate dating, pitiful pining and wahhhh-wahhhh-waiting!

New to the Singlution? Check out the Singlution FAQ.


Spread the Singlution LOVE! If this blog tickles your fancy, post a link to singlutionary.com on your facebook, myspace, twitter, forehead or just email all your Singlutionaries. Become a follower! Subscribe to the Singlution!

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Meeting my Match

As you may know, I felt derailed last week when my interest in romance was unexpectedly rekindled. 

Well, no, I am not giving up the Singlution. But there was a moment when I thought I was. 

I've never been a good dater. I've always just accepted which ever man walked into my life and I've spend the rest of the time trying to fit myself into/under/around his imperfections or our incompatibility.

So, to be perfectly honest, I have been avoiding romance/dating/making out/etc because I am afraid of it. I don't think I know how it works or what to do with it. My mystery makeout experience last week shook me out of my avoidance and I had to confront my fears.

So, of course, being the nerd that I am, I decided to do a little bit of research. I wanted to find out what kind of man I want so that when I'm approached I can have a little more confidence. 

And that is how I found myself on match.com

I'll be posting my day by day observations. So far I am glad to say that I was not turned on by the guy holding a lit cigarette in his nostril. My dating is getting a LITTLE less desperate already.

No comments: