Welcome to the Singlution!

No more desperate dating, pitiful pining and wahhhh-wahhhh-waiting!

New to the Singlution? Check out the Singlution FAQ.


Spread the Singlution LOVE! If this blog tickles your fancy, post a link to singlutionary.com on your facebook, myspace, twitter, forehead or just email all your Singlutionaries. Become a follower! Subscribe to the Singlution!

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Wah-wah-waiting for a Bikini Wax

Today I needed a big ole dose of my own medicine when I put my own foot in my own mouth for declining to have wax put on my own crotch.

My fantastic boss lady offered to buy us both facials tomorrow. The only problem is that we couldn't get concurrent appointments. I would have to wait during her facial and she would have to wait during mine. So she suggested I get a bikini wax while I wait. And I said:

"Why would I get a bikini wax? I don't have anyone to show it to."

And then, before I could even gasp at my own un-singlutionary thinking, bosslady has a comeback:

"You could show it to Dexter!"

Dexter is their overly-assertive-incredibly-friendly-kong-gobbling (male) golden retriever.

So if you're keen on keeping your bikini line bare, remember, there is always SOMEONE to show it to. Even in the dead of winter. Even if he is just a very appreciative dog. And don't forget to show it to yourself!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I almost peed my pants.

Anonymous said...

Ok, can I also mention what a fabulous boss you have? Facials (and a keen sense of humor I might add)...how wonderful.

The Singlutionary said...

Do I have TWO purple turtles now? Fantastic!

Anonymous said...

I love the Purple Turtle!! Thanks PT...I AM fabulous!

Anonymous said...

No, there is only one Purple Turtle. The world can only handle the awesomeness of one of us.

Mindy, some day when I grow up and am the boss lady (turtle) of someone, I want to be just like you.

Singlutionary, you know that you are wonderful as well. I wish you would have told me all these things when I was single so I wouldn't have wasted so much of my time, but your tips are even helpful for my wedded/with children self.

Justine Cricks said...

Haha! I guess that makes bikini waxes more worthwhile! :D I think many of us want it clean down there, even if we have no one to show it to. Well, my opinion is that bikini waxes are hygienic in nature. Yep, it might be a bit ouchy, but that’s a tiny bit of sacrifice that you have to give.