Welcome to the Singlution!

No more desperate dating, pitiful pining and wahhhh-wahhhh-waiting!

New to the Singlution? Check out the Singlution FAQ.


Spread the Singlution LOVE! If this blog tickles your fancy, post a link to singlutionary.com on your facebook, myspace, twitter, forehead or just email all your Singlutionaries. Become a follower! Subscribe to the Singlution!

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Kreativ Blogger Award & No Name Welsh Award

Last week, I was honored to receive the Kreativ Blogger Award from both Bobby Boy over at Relationship Digest and Monique at Dazzling Single

And back in March I was honored with a Welsh Award (no idea what the award is actually called) by Welsh Girl at Single and Surviving (just)

So now it is my turn to pass on these awards by listing 7 blogs I love (too hard to choose) for the Kreativ Blogger award and for the no-name Welsh award, I must name 8 blogs which fit the following criteria: These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. 

I also must list, for the Kreativ Blogger award, 7 things I love. Easy!

So. Here we go. 

7 Things I Love: 
  1. My loyal old 1977 car (she is actually a transformer/alien life form but don't tell anyone)
  2. My stubborn, yet loyal, black mutt
  3. The blogging community and the online friendships I've found through writing Singlutionary
  4. My new short hair (I donated my long and tired tresses to Locks of Love)
  5. Swimming holes in the summer and swimming in general anytime of year
  6. Fresh vegetables from the garden
  7. Sun Tea

7 Blogs I Love:
(I am cheating by leaving off folks who have already won this award like BobbyBoy, Monique, Special K, and Lisa and Christina at Onely so that I have more spaces!)

  1. For Singles Community: Single Women Rule
  2. For Singles Experience and Humor: Single and Surviving (Just)
  3. For the Single Mom Experience: Single & Blessed
  4. For College Aged Women: Hooking Up Smart
  5. For Unabashed Talk about Sex: Humpday
  6. For a Curated Collection of Short Posts about Single-ness: First Person Singular
  7. And an inactive blog which inspires me to get out and fearlessly explore the world solo (or with my dog): Sweet Solitude


And, last by not least, the No Name Welsh Friendship Blogging Award Goes to:
  1. FemmeFare: Fun, easy-to-read and easy-to-relate to posts about Amy's single life
  2. Happy Girl: She shares some of the most positive uplifting stuff I've ever read
  3. Poor Widow Me: I'm nothing close to being a widow since I've never even come close to being married but this blog is laugh out loud funny and great life advice for anyone 
  4. Meg's Life: Reading Meg's blog makes me feel less alone as I grow up single
  5. Singletude: Another positive place for singles with great advice across the board
  6. Fart Party: Not a blog exactly, but a comic strip which I can totally relate to
  7. The Spinster Chronicles: Slightly random, always fun posts from a happy spinster
  8. Original Diva: Life coaching for Singles

So that is it. I hope you'll check out these blogs and enjoy them as much as I do!


11 comments:

bobbyboy said...

Congrats ;) You know something? Maybe I cheated by giving the award to those that already had it? Nah, it's all in the spirit of blog love, no cheating there :)

Megs said...

Thanks so much for all your support. I had rather a crappy day and your emails and support have totally helped.

Clever Elsie said...

Awww, thanks for the honors! {blushes}

Special K said...

Great Sites! Thanks!

Keysha / SWR said...

Singlutionary, Terry and I thank you for the Kreativ Blogger Award!!! That's very cool!

SpinsterLeese said...

Thanks for the mention of my blog and your continued support of my writing. The "single" blog community has been a huge support for me over the years and it's nice to know that what I'm writing is bringing someone that same kind of joy. I get my new car this week - kind of sad. Especially after your comments on my blog about your own car-girl-relationship.

Stevi said...

Ahh I feel so honored. Thanks for mentioning my blog and reading it! I know I love your blog! I am still looking for my awkward single picture. I am going home this weekend so I will look there!

Amy said...

Yay! Thank you! And congrats :)

Mary said...

Wow! thank you! i'm honored and i'm excited that someone reads my site! new stuff sooooon :-)!

Susan Walsh said...

Thank you so much Singlutionary! I can't get enough of blogger love! I've also checked out the other amazing sites, so thanks for the rec's too. Now I need to start thinking about seven blogs to recognize as Kreativ Bloggers. The hardest part is always narrowing it down.

www.HookingUpSmart.com

Constance Burris said...

My first award! OMG!!!!
Thank you.