And back in March I was honored with a Welsh Award (no idea what the award is actually called) by Welsh Girl at Single and Surviving (just).
So now it is my turn to pass on these awards by listing 7 blogs I love (too hard to choose) for the Kreativ Blogger award and for the no-name Welsh award, I must name 8 blogs which fit the following criteria: These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers.
I also must list, for the Kreativ Blogger award, 7 things I love. Easy!
So. Here we go.
7 Things I Love:
- My loyal old 1977 car (she is actually a transformer/alien life form but don't tell anyone)
- My stubborn, yet loyal, black mutt
- The blogging community and the online friendships I've found through writing Singlutionary
- My new short hair (I donated my long and tired tresses to Locks of Love)
- Swimming holes in the summer and swimming in general anytime of year
- Fresh vegetables from the garden
- Sun Tea
7 Blogs I Love:
(I am cheating by leaving off folks who have already won this award like BobbyBoy, Monique, Special K, and Lisa and Christina at Onely so that I have more spaces!)
- For Singles Community: Single Women Rule
- For Singles Experience and Humor: Single and Surviving (Just)
- For the Single Mom Experience: Single & Blessed
- For College Aged Women: Hooking Up Smart
- For Unabashed Talk about Sex: Humpday
- For a Curated Collection of Short Posts about Single-ness: First Person Singular
- And an inactive blog which inspires me to get out and fearlessly explore the world solo (or with my dog): Sweet Solitude
And, last by not least, the No Name Welsh Friendship Blogging Award Goes to:
- FemmeFare: Fun, easy-to-read and easy-to-relate to posts about Amy's single life
- Happy Girl: She shares some of the most positive uplifting stuff I've ever read
- Poor Widow Me: I'm nothing close to being a widow since I've never even come close to being married but this blog is laugh out loud funny and great life advice for anyone
- Meg's Life: Reading Meg's blog makes me feel less alone as I grow up single
- Singletude: Another positive place for singles with great advice across the board
- Fart Party: Not a blog exactly, but a comic strip which I can totally relate to
- The Spinster Chronicles: Slightly random, always fun posts from a happy spinster
- Original Diva: Life coaching for Singles
So that is it. I hope you'll check out these blogs and enjoy them as much as I do!